10 Things Your FedEx Broker Must do to earn the Fee
As with most industries, the business broker industry is extremely fragmented. Throughout our years of selling FedEx routes, we have encountered all sorts of brokers and advisors ranging from real estate agents to generalist business brokers to stay-at-home parents.
The decision to sell a business may perhaps be the largest financial decision of your life and it is vitally important that you have the right advisor guiding you through the process.
The article below does a great job of articulating a number of questions you should be asking yourself when deciding whether to hire a broker, and ultimately which broker is right for you. Here is a summary of the 10 things your broker should be doing in order to earn the fee:
- They know your industry inside and out
- They take the time to understand your specific business before selling it
- Their sales materials are worthy of your company
- They can close the deal
- They leave no stone unturned and have buyers who are interested in your industry
- They understand your overall situation
- They manage your expectations
- They are relentless and roll up their sleeves until the deal is done
- They properly prepare you (and your business) for buyer interactions
- They understand which deal points to fight for
As you evaluate your business and contemplate the idea of selling your routes, be sure to make sure your broker (whoever you may choose) has a list of references and is well-equipped to help you get the most out of your route sale. While we strongly believe we are the best FedEx brokers in the business, we are more than happy to be a resource for you, regardless of who you might choose as your broker.