Sell FedEx Linehaul Routes: A Primer
Individuals interested in owning a FedEx route business typically choose either pickup and delivery (P&D) routes, which cover residential and commercial locations within a specific region, or linehaul routes, which cover long-distance runs. Because each is unique in its own way, so too is the process of selling your routes.
In this blog, we will focus on the process of selling linehaul routes, beginning with the documents that KR Capital will ask you to compile prior to starting the sales process.
Gathering the following documents and having them ready for review will ensure the sale of your linehaul routes goes smoothly. Ultimately, this will help our experienced team match your business with the right buyer so you can get the best price for your routes.
- Copies of corporate tax returns (last two years): Submit all pages of each completed tax return for the most recent two years. If your most recent tax return is on extension, please make a note of this and provide returns for the previous two years.
- Current year-to-date profit and loss (P&L) statement: This is an account of all income and expenses incurred by the company for the current year.
- Prior year P&L statement: This is an account of all income and expenses incurred by the company for the prior year.
- FedEx 1099 forms (last two years): Your 1099 statements are issued to you from FedEx at the end of each year. These statements will show the gross amount FedEx paid to your corporation each year.
- Prior year W-2 forms for any owners of the business: Payroll statement(s) showing all W-2 wages paid to any owner(s) of the corporation.
- Most recent (current year) W-2 pay stub for any owners of the business: Payroll statement(s) showing all W-2 wages paid to any owner(s) of the corporation.
KR Capital has also created a helpful questionnaire that can be completed online or downloaded and emailed to your representative. This form is intended to give us more detailed information about your linehaul route operation so that we can proactively answer any questions the prospective buyer may have about your business.
Along with the name and address of your business, the number of runs you operate, why you are selling your FedEx linehaul routes, and information about your vehicle fleet, we will also ask you to provide a detailed account of the owner’s and manager’s (if applicable) daily responsibilities, their history with the business, and their annual salary.
Ready to sell FedEx linehaul routes? Partnering with the right broker is important.
Selling your FedEx linehaul routes is a significant financial decision—and one that requires multiple steps and a lot of careful consideration. Working with a dedicated FedEx brokerage firm like KR Capital ensures your transaction is carefully managed and your financial interests are protected.
Not only do we provide you with a detailed and accurate route valuation, but we offer the expertise and guidance sellers need to successfully navigate the FedEx approval process.