How Long Does the FedEx Approval Process Take?
If you’re interested in buying a FedEx route, you’ll need to get approved by FedEx first. However, this comprehensive approval process can be quite the hurdle, especially if it’s your first time purchasing a route. It’s a multi-step, highly detailed procedure—and it certainly won’t happen overnight.
KR Capital is here to help. By working with our experienced brokers, you’ll have a better idea of what to expect during the FedEx approval process and how long it will take.
What is the average approval time?
In general, the approval process takes 30 to 60 days. The exact time frame depends on many factors, including the time of the year and how well you prepare.
The FedEx approval process can begin once you (the buyer) and the seller negotiate a deal.
What do buyers need to get approved by FedEx?
To keep your application moving along, it’s essential to complete the necessary steps in a timely manner.
First and foremost, you’ll need to create a corporation. This should be a C-Corporation or S-Corporation; LLCs are not allowed.
Next, you’ll need to gather and present several items to FedEx:
- Request for Information (RFI or “business plan”) based on your unique goals and objectives
- Articles of Incorporation (with a State Seal)
- E-Verify (company information page, on one page)
- Designation of an Authorized Officer
- Completed W-9 (IRS form) for the Authorized Officer
- Legal document with FEIN and Company name (on same page)
- Legal document with State Tax ID and Company name (on same page)
- Legal document with Unemployment Insurance ID and Company name (on same page)
- Third Party Accountant information
- Shareholder information
- Completed Entity Profile at FedEx terminal (with assistance from the seller and station manager)
The above items must be verified and submitted by various parties. KR Capital can coordinate this process and ensure each step is completed in a prompt manner. To learn more, visit our FedEx approval process page.
Buy FedEx Routes with KR Capital
KR Capital has brokered thousands of FedEx routes for sale. We’re highly knowledgeable in the FedEx approval process—and we know just how long it can take. With our assistance, you can buy a FedEx route with confidence and ease.